We asked Phoenicians themselves to share the rules that they personally follow to survive — and even thrive— in the Valley. Whether you’re a local, you just moved to the area, or are just a tourist, you may find this list especially helpful.
It’s hot, it’s very hot
- Water is your friend. Bring it with you everywhere. Use it everywhere. Thrive everywhere.
- Invest in some nice window tints for your car.
- Budget for sunblock and moisturizer.
- Stay indoors during the summer/hot months.
- Don’t let your kid leave color crayons in the car.
- Canned soda in the car will explode in the summer.
- Go grocery shopping at 6am in the summer.
You’ll find a lot of animals and insects — beware!
- Scorpions just want to be your friends.
- Put your pants on before your shoes.
Be smart with real estate
- Buy a house with a pool.
And with sports
- Never bet on the Cardinals.
Don’t drive in Phoenix without these helpful tips
- Roads south of downtown will always be blocked for construction.
- Don’t drive in the suicide lanes in central Phoenix
- Watch out for bad drivers.
- Learn the freeways.
- When parking, shade before proximity.
- Be careful for people who run red lights.