In an attempt to further understand our followers and help anyone new to town or thinking about moving to town, we begged the question: “What advice would you give to someone who is moving to Arizona?” and people gave some very inspiring, hilarious, and most definitely honest answers.
Check out our top picks and see the thread (on Instagram and on Facebook here) if you need a good laugh (or want to add your own thoughts!).
1. “Avoid moving in the summer if possible!”
2. “Bring water. We’re running out!”
3. “Make sure you have pool access. Also, Sedona is the best city you will ever visit.”
4. “For 4 months, you’re going to spend a lot of time indoors”.
5. “Same advice I give to those thinking of getting married… Have a way out”.
6. “Buy a house, learn to play golf if you don’t already, and most of all, enjoy.”
7. “Stay hydrated all year round… don’t go hiking when you know it’s gonna be hot”.
8. “Get some good hiking shoes and get ready to explore!”
9. “Bring more water than you think you need if you’re going outdoors.”
10. “The hotter it gets, the worse we all drive.”
11. “Just remember 100 days over 100 degrees is way better than 160 days under 50. You don’t have to shovel sunshine!”.
12. “If you’re from California, don’t mention it. Say you’re from North Dakota or something”.
13. “You’ll never get cold tap water from June to October.”
14. “Have oven mitts in your car so you can touch the steering wheel.”
15. “Get things done before the sun or after it goes down.”
16. “Umbrellas are not just for rain; they are great to block the sun if you do have to go on foot anywhere.”
17. “Throw an old shirt or towel on your steering wheel and seat to avoid burning yourself when you get into your car.”
18. “Don’t leave crayons, gummy bears, or candles in your car.”
19. “Make sure AC in house and car are top notch.”
20. “Buy a bunch of sandals that go with work clothes.”
21. “Just one word: sunscreen!”
22. “Just get through the first summer. When you stop freaking out, you’ll love it”.
Featured image by Kevin Ellis from Pixabay